Dog Bite Injury Attorney
Those who take on the responsibilities of pet ownership know the intrinsic rewards. Dogs in particular have a reputation for strengthening the bonds of families as “man’s best friend.” However dog owners need to be conscientious of others when caring for and training their dogs to protect the public.
Unfortunately, dog attacks on innocent victims are common. Dogs are protective by nature and can cause serious injuries if let loose or untrained. A harmful attack could warrant legal action and compensation. Illinois law holds the dog owner, handler, or keeper liable for any injuries from an unprovoked attack. The owner, handler or keeper is liable for an unprovoked attack even if the dog has never attacked anyone before.
Negligence, landlord liability, emotional distress, and personal injury are all factors to investigate in a dog bite case. Sufficient information must be collected that establishes liability to the dog owner and demonstrates the damages associated with the attack. Mario Palermo can help.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
Mario Palermo of Palermo Law Group is a nationally recognized accident attorney that has handled hundreds of premise liability, including dog bite cases, in his 20-year career. He is known for his dedication to his clients and will take the time to explain your legal options. He will discuss with you the various steps needed to be taken when fighting for the compensation you deserve. Mr. Palermo will guide you through the entire process and will handle the necessary paperwork, phone calls, and negotiations with insurance adjusters, defense attorneys, and others. He will put his knowledge, skills, and resources to work for you. Call Palermo Law Group for a free legal consultation on your slip and fall injury at (630) 684-2332.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $1.3 million dollars for an airline employee who was helping to load mail when a worker drove a cart into his work station. Mr. Palermo was able to show that the worker violated company protocols by pulling too many carts.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $800,000 for the family of 63-year-old woman who died as a result of a negligently performed gallbladder removal surgery.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $400,000 for a 28-year-old woman from Aurora, Illinois that was the victim of a hit-and-run driver. The driver of the van denied that he had any involvement in causing the crash. By way of technology, the drivers identity was verified.
- In Danville, Illinois jury awarded Mr. Palermo's Champaign client $372,000 for a fall on ice at a gas station. The jury rejected the gas station's argument that the ice accumulation was simply an "act of God", that it was not responsible for taking care of.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $990,000 for an 81-year-old man from Romeoville, Illinois that was T-boned in an intersection by a cement truck.
- Mr. Palermo resolved the case of a central Illinois factory worker who was sexually harassed by a coworker for $477,000.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $1,000,000 for a 53-year-old truck driver who was struck in the face by a 4 x 4 thrown by and unobservant railroad worker.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $1,000,000 for a 64-year-old surveyor struck by a driver who initially told police that she simply "witnessed" the accident and that the culprit fled the scene. It turned out she was driving the vehicle that struck a pedestrian.
- Mr. Palermo helped recover $2,300,000 for a group of DuPage County homeowners who lived adjacent to a factory that recklessly handled a toxic chemical known as "Trichloroethylene."