Car Accident Lawyer
A Top Car Accident Attorney – Among The Best
Have you been involved in a Chicago car accident? If yes, then you may need to hire a car accident lawyer in Chicago IL as soon as possible. Only a good Chicago car accident lawyer can help you recover losses resulting from a motor vehicle accident and/or reduce the hefty amount of paperwork and hassle often associated with car accident insurance claims. Knowing when to hire the best car accident lawyer can make the difference between a justly resolved case and receiving the monetary damages you deserve.
Important Information to Know about Hiring the Best Car Accident Lawyer in Chicago:
When to Call a Car Accident Attorney in Chicago IL?
Regrettably, car accidents are everyday occurrences. Many personal injury claims in the Chicago are a result of an accident involving a car, motorcycle, truck or another motor vehicle. Many of these accidents result in minor vehicle damage and can generally be handled alone through direct contact with an insurance company. However, car accidents that involve physical injury, fatality or other significant damage may warrant the legal representation of an experienced car accident attorney.
An experienced Chicago car accident attorney can help you get compensation to cover any losses incurred due to the accident such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Car repairs
In some cases, the car accident attorney in Chicago IL may help you recover when a loved one is killed, especially if reckless driving, speeding or drunk-driving was involved.
What to Look for While Searching for the Best Car Accident Attorney in Chicago?
The Chicago car accident lawyers cover a range of issues stemming from
- Personal injury
- Wrongful death
- Property destruction and liability determinations
When you are on a search mission to find the best car accident lawyer in Chicago, concentrate mostly on the experience, skill level, location, fee structure, and commitment. The car accident attorney should have ample knowledge regarding state and national transportation laws. He/she should well-versed with the process to know how to deal with insurance and healthcare companies; and also know how to effectively prepare and settle a case.
Having an experienced car accident attorney on your side will help you get the compensation and justice you deserve.. Get your case reviewed for free by a premier car accident lawyer in Chicago IL. Call us today for instant help at Palermo Law Group.
Car accidents are a far too common occurrence that has turned millions of lives upside down. The Illinois Department of Transportation recently released statistics for Illinois car crashes in 2015. There were a staggering 313,316 car crashes in Illinois in 2015. Nearly 66,000 people were injured in those crashes. Sadly, an average of three people are killed every day in Illinois as a result of car accidents. Nobody plans to be in a car crash, so it’s important to know what to do ahead of time. If you have been hurt or injured due to the negligence of others, then you need experienced an knowledgeable car accident lawyer in Chicago, IL to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Important First Steps After A Car Accident
Priority number one is getting to safety. It is likely that you will be confused and filled with adrenalin as your body kicks into fight or flight mode. Don’t race into oncoming traffic. Take a moment to assess the situation. This is particularly true on the highway. Did ice or slippery conditions play a role in the collision? If so, the same ice may affect other oncoming motorists.
Move your car out of the way of oncoming traffic to the side of the road if the car is drivable and you are physically able to do so. On the other hand, physical movement can be catastrophic if your spine is unstable. Unfortunately, every situation is different so there is no standard operating procedure that fits all scenarios.
Your next step should be to call for help. Illinois law requires that a police report be made if there are injuries or property damage in excess of $1,500. Only after you are sure that first responders are on their way should you call your own automobile insurance company to report the car accident.
Gather evidence at the scene if you can do so safely. Take photographs of the vehicles. Take photographs of your injuries. Ask witnesses for their contact information. If you had the green light, do not assume the other driver is going to admit he had a red light. Often times, an independent witness is the only protection you have.
Seek medical attention if you are injured. Many people are so filled with adrenalin that they do not initially feel pain. It’s not until a few hours later or the next morning that the pain kicks in. That is perfectly normal. The mistake that people make is that they hope that the pain is going to go away and do not tell a doctor. Sometimes people wait days, or longer, clinging to this hope. Insurance companies often use this “gap” in treatment as an excuse to argue that the injuries were not caused by the car accident.
Waiting to get treatment in hopes of the symptoms magically subsiding can also delay your recovery. Ironically, this can lead you to missing more work and prolong your treatment, requiring additional medical care. Many people avoid getting treatment because they don’t want to miss work, incur medical bills or because they don’t have time. Again, waiting to get treatment in the beginning can lead to additional lost time and medical bills at the end, even if you “only” strained muscles. Initial conservative treatment usually entails prescriptions for muscle relaxants and other remedies that can speed up your recovery and prevent the onset of a chronic condition.
Many people suffer brain injuries during a collision. A concussion is a brain injury. Sadly many people die each year because they are not prescribed a CT of their head following head trauma. Why? Because the impact of your brain hitting the side of your scull can cause brain bleeding. Internal bleeding that causes swelling to your ankle or a bruised arm is not fatal because there is room for the swelling. Your brain, on the other hand, is trapped within your skull. Swelling within your skull causes pressure that is potentially fatal. A CT scan can detect potentially fatal brain bleeds. Symptoms such as dizziness, confusion, and headaches are important early warning signs.
Once the dust clears, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will want you to make a recorded statement. Don’t do it. This statement is not intended to help you. Consult with an attorney first.
It is important to discuss your case with an attorney experienced in handling car accident cases as early as possible, even if you are not sure that you want to hire an attorney. Most personal injuries are happy to provide a free consultation. One example of an early avoidable mistake is failure to use your health insurance to pay for treatment. If you are lucky, you have health insurance. Use it. Do not fall into the trap of thinking it was the other person’s fault so why should I have to use my own health insurance. Why? Mainly because of the contractual discount that your health insurance has already negotiated with medical providers. Do not let the at-fault driver’s automobile insurance company reap the benefits of the health insurance you are paying premiums for.
Having an attorney experienced in handling injury cases on your side from the beginning is the best way to ensure that you get treated and compensated fairly. Many people do not initially want to talk to an attorney because they feel there is too much litigation in society. Many of these same people have a different opinion when they realize that the other driver’s insurance company is treating them unfairly. This is likely a new experience for you. It is not a new experience for the other driver’s insurance company. The other insurance company is not trying to protect your interests.
Your lawyer should know what the value of your case is and guide you through every step of the process. This is similar to hiring a real estate agent to buy or sell a home. Many people are also unaware of the substantial coverage they have with their own automobile insurance companies. This is especially important in cases where the at-fault party does not have adequate, or any, insurance. Do not miss out on your uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage that you have been paying for.
Important Symptoms To Be Aware Of After a Car Accident
Our bodies are not designed to handle the forces of a car accident. Here are troubling signs to be aware and report to a doctor immediately.
- Dizziness, confusion or headaches. As previously indicated, these are warning signs of a brain injury that need to be addressed immediately.
- Shooting pain, numbness or tingling that starts in your neck and goes into your arms or starts in your lower back and goes into your legs. These are symptoms of a herniated disc in your spine that is impinging your nerve roots. Herniated discs cannot be diagnosed with an x-ray. X-rays show broken bones. No broken bones do not = no injury. An MRI is needed to diagnose a herniated disc. Herniated discs can lead to chronic problems and require surgery.
- Trouble lifting or extending your arm. This is a sign of a rotator cuff tear. Once again, an MRI is needed to reveal a rotator cuff tear. An x-ray of your shoulder will not show a torn rotator cuff tear. A tear in your rotator cuff can start out small and not be particularly painful. The tear can worsen with use and require surgery.
- Instability and pain while walking. These are signs of torn or damaged ligaments in your knee. An x-ray will not show torn ligaments in your knee. Torn ligaments in your knee often require surgery.
With approximately 300,000 car crashes a year in Illinois, it is likely that your life will be impacted by someone else’s negligent driving at some point. Having an experienced, compassionate and competent personal injury attorney at your side will make a difficult situation easier and help make you’re your rights are protected.
Common Causes Seen By Car Accidents Attorneys In Chicago, IL
Below are common reasons car accidents occur:
- Distracted Driver
- Drug Impairment
- Drunk Driving
- Inexperienced Driver
- Hit & Run
Our Car Accident Law Firm Can Help You Answer These FAQ’s
- Can I recover lost wages?
- How long do you have to file a lawsuit?
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer?
- What to do after an accident?
- What is my case worth – please watch the video below!
Car Accident Lawyers In Chicago, IL See These Common Injuries
- Amputation of limbs
- Back and neck injuries
- Fractured bones
- Joint injury
Common Kinds of Car Accidents Seen By Our Car Accident Law Firm
The below are some common kinds of car accidents, car crashes, car collision sand car wrecks:
- Construction Accidents
- Defects In Vehicle
- Head-On Collision
- Hit & Run
- Intersection Accidents & Injuries
- Rear-End Crashes
- Side Swipes
Car accident, car collision, car crash and car wreck victims and are entitled to recover compensation for the economic and non-economic losses they incurred due to others negligence.
These items can include:
- Emotional Distress
- Lost Wages
- Medical Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Death
When you have been injured in a car accident, you need to know your legal options. It is important that you seek out advice from an experienced and knowledgeable accident attorney, one with a proven track record. You have rights after an accident, and a seasoned attorney can help you exercise them. The process may seem overwhelming at first, but this is where you will find the value in hiring Palermo Law Group on a contingency basis-meaning we do not get paid unless you win. Your healing should be your number one priority. We handle all the necessary paperwork, phone calls, and negotiations with the insurance adjuster’s, defense attorneys, and others so you can focus on your recovery.
Attorney Mario Palermo has been awarded the coveted Client Distinction Award for bringing the highest level of dedication and service to each of his clients. His hands-on approach ensures that you receive personalized attention and are kept abreast of all of the details and progress of your case.
Get a Free Case Review From A Premier Car Accident Lawyer In Chicago, IL
CALL US TODAY FOR HELP!
Why Should You Contact Palermo Law Group?
- Over 20 Years of Accident & Injury Law Experience
- We do NOT settle for anything less than the true value of your case
- We have recovered millions & millions of dollars for our clients
- No FEE guarantee – we do not get paid until you WIN!
- Our REVIEWS speak for themselves – call TODAY and get the compensation & justice YOU deserve!
- Mr. Palermo obtained $1.3 million dollars for an airline employee who was helping to load mail when a worker drove a cart into his work station. Mr. Palermo was able to show that the worker violated company protocols by pulling too many carts.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $800,000 for the family of 63-year-old woman who died as a result of a negligently performed gallbladder removal surgery.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $400,000 for a 28-year-old woman from Aurora, Illinois that was the victim of a hit-and-run driver. The driver of the van denied that he had any involvement in causing the crash. By way of technology, the drivers identity was verified.
- In Danville, Illinois jury awarded Mr. Palermo's Champaign client $372,000 for a fall on ice at a gas station. The jury rejected the gas station's argument that the ice accumulation was simply an "act of God", that it was not responsible for taking care of.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $990,000 for an 81-year-old man from Romeoville, Illinois that was T-boned in an intersection by a cement truck.
- Mr. Palermo resolved the case of a central Illinois factory worker who was sexually harassed by a coworker for $477,000.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $1,000,000 for a 53-year-old truck driver who was struck in the face by a 4 x 4 thrown by and unobservant railroad worker.
- Mr. Palermo obtained $1,000,000 for a 64-year-old surveyor struck by a driver who initially told police that she simply "witnessed" the accident and that the culprit fled the scene. It turned out she was driving the vehicle that struck a pedestrian.
- Mr. Palermo helped recover $2,300,000 for a group of DuPage County homeowners who lived adjacent to a factory that recklessly handled a toxic chemical known as "Trichloroethylene."